Managed Service Providers (MSPs) or Multi-tenants in the IT sector comprise the remote monitoring and management of clients’ hardware, software or networks. Clients look to MSPs for multiple reasons: to reduce their costs, to manage the complexity of their systems, to obtain full time support and to ensure the continuous adoption of innovative technologies on the market within their organizations. More and more companies are relying on managed service providers, resulting in the growth of global market expected to reach $230 Billion in 2020; and with the growth of this market comes a greater urgency to cater to the needs of MSPs on the Password Management front!
MSPs are overwhelmed with the ever increasing number of passwords that require management within an enterprise.
MSPs are overwhelmed with the ever increasing number of passwords that require management within an enterprise. More often than not, and for convenience purposes, sensitive data is stored on shared spreadsheets, notebooks, printouts and text documents without proper protection, leaving client enterprises and organizations vulnerable to attacks and data breaches. Ensuring the trust of clients is important to all businesses, but it is even more integral to MSPs, and weak password management practices could potentially destroy the trust that we all work so hard to build.
In an aim to securely and seamlessly manage client passwords, MSPs need to be able to access all of the required tools without any friction or limitation.
In an aim to securely and seamlessly manage client passwords, MSPs need to be able to access all of the required tools necessary to centralize the password management, admin management and billing of their customers without any friction or limitation from their underlying password management platform. MSPs need to feel in control of the software that is enabling them to provide the additional layer of security provided by the password manager. That will ensure that their customers remain unaffected by third party service breaches and phishing attacks.
MSPs need the following three verticals to be ticked in the Password Management solution that they use:
- Secure: Keep your customers' passwords offline, away from the cloud. Copies are only stored on devices of users who have the right to access the accounts.
- Scalable: Onboard and manage hundreds of customers in a secure and seamless manner. Myki For MSPs is designed to scale up with your organization.
- Seamless: Works out of the box. Requires no integration with third-party applications. Works on top of all existing softwares.
MSPs need to be provided with custom features to enhance their operations and to securely and conveniently manage their clients' passwords in a streamlined and scalable manner. These features include:
- Centralized MSP Portal: Manage your clients, licenses and your own team from within a single web application.
- Simplified Billing and Invoicing: Generate and share with your customers individualized invoices with clear reporting history and statuses from a centralized dashboard.
- Bulk License Purchasing: Purchase user licenses in bulk via our simple and flexible licensing program tailored to your size and purchasing preferences.
- Advanced Security Features: Setup advanced access control rules, enforce two-factor authentication and maintain a secure infrastructure.
The crucial elements that MSPs also needinclude:
- Client Awareness: Our Smart Alert system alerts your clients whenever you are administering their Myki Portal.
- Transparency First: Our immutable audit logs are accessible to clients auditors and anyone with enough clearance to review them.
- No Lockdown: Easily onboard and offboard teams that you manage in a seamless and secure manner without affecting business functions.
- Security Dashboard: Remain aware of your clients' security status using our smart dashboard and improve your security score by keeping passwords unique and complex.
- Groups and Folders: Keep your clients passwords organized in user groups and item folders. Onboard and offboard new users with a click. Invite collaborators easily and provide limited access.
- Admin Flexibility: Assign your admin workforce to cater to multiple companies in a agile and auditable manner. Or goal is to assist you in managing your workflow.
Myki for MSPs is a centralized password management platform customized for MSPs to securely manage clients passwords in a secure and streamlined manner.
Our customized and curated feature set makes Myki The Password Manager of Choice for Managed Service Providers. Myki for MSPs is a centralized password management platform derived from our enterprise offering Myki for Teams, is customized for MSPs to securely manage clients passwords in a secure and streamlined manner. It provides the security of an offline team password manager coupled with easy scalability features that MSPs expect to conduct business in a frictionless manner.
What sets Myki apart from other products in the market is its architecture; we do not use the cloud to store passwords. We provide the convenience of the cloud without the associated risk by distributing information across users' devices; meaning that your clients data is safe from remote attackers. Our portal makes storing, managing and retrieving password automatic from any trusted device. Our value added service protects businesses from data breaches, cyber security threats and network vulnerabilities.
We provide the convenience of the cloud without the associated risk by distributing information across users' devices away from the cloud.
Featured in Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch and CSO, Myki is trusted by over 200,000 consumers worldwide and was recently named one of the Best Password Mangers of 2018 by PCMag and rated “Excellent”; Our customers choose to trust us because of our belief in three essential pillars of Password Management: Security, Scalability and Seamlessness.
Help us help you secure your clients' digital workspace and become a part of our growing community today here.